Definition Of SALT Anagrams
When we rearrange the letters SALT it is possible to create 24 words that contain these letters. We searched for word anagrams made only from these 4 letters and also for words containing salt parts. This list of English dictionary words can be played in Scrabble. All words come with definitions.
The Word SALT Defined
- 1. Salt meaning - Sulphate of magnesia having cathartic qualities; -- originally
prepared by boiling down the mineral waters at Epsom, England, --
whence the name; afterwards prepared from sea water; but now from
certain minerals, as from siliceous hydrate of magnesia.
- 2. Salt definition - The chloride of sodium, a substance used for seasoning food,
for the preservation of meat, etc. It is found native in the earth, and
is also produced, by evaporation and crystallization, from sea water
and other water impregnated with saline particles.
- 3. Salt - Hence, flavor; taste; savor; smack; seasoning.
- 4. Salt - Hence, also, piquancy; wit; sense; as, Attic salt.
- 5. Salt - A dish for salt at table; a saltcellar.
- 6. Salt - A sailor; -- usually qualified by old.
- 7. Salt - The neutral compound formed by the union of an acid and a
base; thus, sulphuric acid and iron form the salt sulphate of iron or
- 8. Salt - Fig.: That which preserves from corruption or error; that
which purifies; a corrective; an antiseptic; also, an allowance or
deduction; as, his statements must be taken with a grain of salt.
- 9. Salt - Any mineral salt used as an aperient or cathartic, especially
Epsom salts, Rochelle salt, or Glauber's salt.
- 10. Salt - Marshes flooded by the tide.
- 11. Salt - Of or relating to salt; abounding in, or containing, salt;
prepared or preserved with, or tasting of, salt; salted; as, salt beef;
- 12. Salt - Overflowed with, or growing in, salt water; as, a salt marsh;
- 13. Salt - Fig.: Bitter; sharp; pungent.
- 14. Salt - Fig.: Salacious; lecherous; lustful.
- 15. Salt - To sprinkle, impregnate, or season with salt; to preserve
with salt or in brine; to supply with salt; as, to salt fish, beef, or
pork; to salt cattle.
- 16. Salt - To fill with salt between the timbers and planks, as a
ship, for the preservation of the timber.
- 17. Salt - To deposit salt as a saline solution; as, the brine begins
- 18. Salt - The act of leaping or jumping; a leap.
Anagrams Of SALT Rearranged Into Words
4 Letter Words Salt Definition
5 Letter Words Salt Definition
6 Letter Words Salt Definition
SALT Unscrambled Makes What Words
We found 12 smaller partial letter words made from SALT rearranged letters. All resulting words are smaller than 4 letters. The unscrambled words are very similar to the original letter combination.
2 Letter Words Salt Definition
3 Letter Words Salt Definition
Recent Unscrambled Scrabble Letter Searches