Definition Of TAKE Anagrams
When we rearrange the letters TAKE it is possible to create 16 words that contain these letters. We searched for word anagrams made only from these 4 letters and also for words containing take parts. This list of English dictionary words can be played in Scrabble. All words come with definitions.
The Word TAKE Defined
- 1. Take meaning - Taken.
- 2. Take definition - In an active sense; To lay hold of; to seize with the
hands, or otherwise; to grasp; to get into one's hold or possession; to
procure; to seize and carry away; to convey.
- 3. Take - To obtain possession of by force or artifice; to get the
custody or control of; to reduce into subjection to one's power or
will; to capture; to seize; to make prisoner; as, to take am army, a
city, or a ship; also, to come upon or befall; to fasten on; to attack;
to seize; -- said of a disease, misfortune, or the like.
- 4. Take - To gain or secure the interest or affection of; to
captivate; to engage; to interest; to charm.
- 5. Take - To make selection of; to choose; also, to turn to; to have
recourse to; as, to take the road to the right.
- 6. Take - To employ; to use; to occupy; hence, to demand; to
require; as, it takes so much cloth to make a coat.
- 7. Take - To form a likeness of; to copy; to delineate; to picture;
as, to take picture of a person.
- 8. Take - To draw; to deduce; to derive.
- 9. Take - To assume; to adopt; to acquire, as shape; to permit to
one's self; to indulge or engage in; to yield to; to have or feel; to
enjoy or experience, as rest, revenge, delight, shame; to form and
adopt, as a resolution; -- used in general senses, limited by a
following complement, in many idiomatic phrases; as, to take a
resolution; I take the liberty to say.
- 10. Take - To lead; to conduct; as, to take a child to church.
- 11. Take - To carry; to convey; to deliver to another; to hand over;
as, he took the book to the bindery.
- 12. Take - To remove; to withdraw; to deduct; -- with from; as, to
take the breath from one; to take two from four.
- 13. Take - In a somewhat passive sense, to receive; to bear; to
endure; to acknowledge; to accept.
- 14. Take - To accept, as something offered; to receive; not to refuse
or reject; to admit.
- 15. Take - To receive as something to be eaten or dronk; to partake
of; to swallow; as, to take food or wine.
- 16. Take - Not to refuse or balk at; to undertake readily; to clear;
as, to take a hedge or fence.
- 17. Take - To bear without ill humor or resentment; to submit to; to
tolerate; to endure; as, to take a joke; he will take an affront from
- 18. Take - To admit, as, something presented to the mind; not to
dispute; to allow; to accept; to receive in thought; to entertain in
opinion; to understand; to interpret; to regard or look upon; to
consider; to suppose; as, to take a thing for granted; this I take to
be man's motive; to take men for spies.
- 19. Take - To accept the word or offer of; to receive and accept; to
bear; to submit to; to enter into agreement with; -- used in general
senses; as, to take a form or shape.
- 20. Take - To take hold; to fix upon anything; to have the natural or
intended effect; to accomplish a purpose; as, he was inoculated, but
the virus did not take.
- 21. Take - To please; to gain reception; to succeed.
- 22. Take - To move or direct the course; to resort; to betake one's
self; to proceed; to go; -- usually with to; as, the fox, being hard
pressed, took to the hedge.
- 23. Take - To admit of being pictured, as in a photograph; as, his
face does not take well.
- 24. Take - That which is taken; especially, the quantity of fish
captured at one haul or catch.
- 25. Take - The quantity or copy given to a compositor at one time.
Anagrams Of TAKE Rearranged Into Words
4 Letter Words Take Definition
5 Letter Words Take Definition
6 Letter Words Take Definition
TAKE Unscrambled Makes What Words
We found 12 smaller partial letter words made from TAKE rearranged letters. All resulting words are smaller than 4 letters. The unscrambled words are very similar to the original letter combination.
2 Letter Words Take Definition
3 Letter Words Take Definition
Recent Unscrambled Scrabble Letter Searches